Grants and Institutional Partnership Manager (m/f/d), Berlin
Scope: 75 %, 30h/week
Contract duration: limited until end of October 2022 with the option of extension
Start: 1st October or later
Application deadline: 31.09.2021
Place: Berlin, near Jannowitzbrücke
About our organization
CADUS e.V. (CADUS) is a non-profit and independent aid organization based in Berlin with a sub-branch in Erbil, KR-Iraq. Our work is primarily concerned with providing medical support to people in crisis situations. These can range from sudden onset disasters to protracted and complex slow-onset emergencies. We aim to enable transformation of knowledge and technology. Together with local communities, we want to develop new and innovative projects that are both adapted to local conditions and actively shaped by recipients of humanitarian aid. Trough interdisciplinarity, organizations and individuals should gain the opportunity to develop innovative humanitarian solutions via active participation in humanitarian work.
Context of the position
In coordination with our Field Director in Northeastern Syria and Programs Manager KR-Iraq and the Regional Management you will participate in the formulation, management, and evaluation of CADUS’ activities in Northeastern Syria and Iraq. You will supervise and lead the grants implementation of CADUS’ projects in the region.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Grants Management for CADUS operations in Northeastern Syria and Iraq
- Management of the successful implementation of the grants on a daily basis. Goal is to achieve the performance indicators agreed with the donor and in line with the approved Budgets and Work Plans.
- Planning activities, initiate and coordinate regular meetings with staff responsible for a successful implementation of the grant, following-up on critical issues, prioritizing of strategic issues and working towards progress in strengthening CADUS’ supporting structures at HQ level.
- Link programmatic and operational processes and ensure reaching of planned outcomes.
- Preparation and submission for donor reporting including communication of necessary changes and amendments.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the grants, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Assurance of the implementation of donor regulations.
- Timely preparation and submission of progress reports including assurance of timely submission of financial reports.
- Liaison with partner organizations and implementing partners in Northern Iraq and Northeastern Syria.
- Coordinate partnerships with CADUS’ partner organizations in Northeastern Syria and Iraq along the whole project cycle.
- Work in coordination with Finance staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures for subawards including monitoring, documentation and oversight.
- Coordinate grants start up, grants close out and document lessons learned during implementation.
- Supports creation of strategic partnerships and development of resource mobilization strategy
- Liaise with German donors and relevant partner organizations in the humanitarian field with an emphasis on medical humanitarian assistance.
- Analyze and research information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new partnership, active contribution to the branch effort in resource mobilization.
- Identify and share best practices in implementation and management within the organization.
- Draft project proposals in coordination with Programs Managers in Northeastern Syria and Iraq.
- Supervise and coordinate donor audits and institutional partnership processes.
Required skills and qualification
- Demonstrated experience in Grants Management and demonstrated capacity in leading the effective implementation of grants, including the management of data and reporting.
- (scientific) University Degree or proven working experience in a similar position
- At least 2 years of experience in working in the humanitarian field/development work and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of donor regulations with an emphasis on German ´Zuwendungsrecht`.
- Experience of working with various stakeholders including non-governmental organizations is an asset.
- Fluent in German and English.
How to apply
Please send your application to email@example.com including:
• 1 Page Motivation letter
• CV in PDF-format