First-Aid trainer for our project in the East of Ukraine (m/w/d)
- Duration: 1st June 2023 - 31st of August 2023 (extension possible)
- Full time: 40h/week
About the organization
CADUS e.V. (CADUS) is a non-profit and independent aid organization based in Berlin. Our work is primarily concerned with providing support to people in crisis situations. These can range from sudden onset disasters to protracted and complex slow-onset emergencies. We aim to enable the transformation of knowledge and technology. Together with local communities, we want to develop new and innovative projects that are both adapted to local conditions and actively shaped by recipients of humanitarian aid. Through interdisciplinarity, organizations and individuals should gain the opportunity to develop innovative humanitarian solutions via active participation in humanitarian work.
CADUS has been active in Ukraine since March 2022, performing MedEvac internally but also over the borders to neighbouring countries as well as offer first aid trainings to local partner organisations and state structures like the local Emergency Medical Services (EMS). We are currently based in Dnipro, where, except for doing medical transports with our ambulance and ICU bus, we give self-developed trainings to areas in the East and South Ukraine. Since the demand for our offered courses has been high and their impact as well, we are scaling up our training programme in the new year with more trainings in more areas.
The initial focus of the role will be working on course materials for advanced first aid courses for local volunteers in East and South Ukraine. Then the role will be based in East Ukraine to deliver courses and help manage other volunteer trainers.
- Duration: 1st June 2023 - 31st of Juli 2023
- Full time: 40h/week
Organization, establishment, and implementation of concept for medical (infield) trainings, including curriculum and material development as needed to support the educational programmes, and onboarding/support of volunteers in medical training.
Direct operational medical support, evacuation and medevac patient care as needed.
- Paramedic (other healthcare professionals will also be considered) with experience in teaching/training
- Comfortable with teaching in English (preferred: Language certificate C1 or higher OR IELTS above 6.5 OR working experience in an English-speaking country)
- Experience working in humanitarian organisations/austere environments
- Experience working with interpreters
- Driving licence
- Friendly and easy-going person
What we offer
- A progressive non-profit-organisation with a strong Code of Conduct and the vision to rethink old and fight post-colonial structures in humanitarian aid
- Working within a dynamic, strongly motivated and inspired team
- Creativity and the opportunity to bring your own initiatives into your work
- Accommodation and meals when in field
- Travel expenses to and out of Ukraine
- Health insurance and foreign travel insurance
- Salary according to the EG10 tariff
Please send us your informative application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and the relevant certificates and evidence) as one PDF file to email@example.com.