Projectmanagement Internship (Berlin) (m/f/d)
CADUS e.V. (CADUS) is a non-profit and independent aid organization based in Berlin. Our work is primarily concerned with providing support to people in crisis situations. We aim to enable the transformation of knowledge and technology. Together with local communities, we want to develop new and innovative projects that are both adapted to local conditions and actively shaped by recipients of humanitarian aid. Through interdisciplinarity, organizations and individuals should gain the opportunity to develop innovative humanitarian solutions via active participation in humanitarian work.
As a humanitarian organization, CADUS has been working in Ukraine since March '22 to support local capacities in their emergency relief operations. Almost one year after the start of the war in Ukraine, the humanitarian crisis continues to worsen. The displacement of civilians and the overall humanitarian needs are enormous. In the current program, CADUS is focusing on complementing existing MedEvac capacities and provides medical training to local professionals and volunteers. Being an Intern with Cadus project management, you will work in close coordination with the project manager and other parts of the Berlin based team. In addition, this position gives you the opportunity to explore your areas of interest and to learn and make a special contribution to them.
- Deadline for applications: rolling, until recruitment is completed
- Contract duration: 1.4. & 15.6.23, 3 month each
- Salary: -
- Duty station: Berlin
- Languages: English (fluent), German is an asset
Job description Project Management Intern
In this position you will be part of the Emergency Response Team at Cadus. As part of
this, you will support all areas of the team and work closely with the project manager.
Your tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support in emergency support project development and implementation
- Support in budget monitoring
- Support in the area of M&E
- Support in writing applications and reports
- Support in the area of Safety & Security
- Support in the CADUS internal volunteer management
You are also expected to support the team with daily routine work and administerative processes as upon request.
- Willingness and interest supporting processes around administration of ongoing
projects and the implementation of overall Cadus deployment in Ukraine
- Ability to work closely and reliably with other team members
- Experience or degree in project management, humanitarian assistance or
development cooperation related fields is an advantage
- Very high degree of flexibility and independency in taking on tasks and
- You enjoy organizational tasks and bring a high level of resilience and foresight.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and strong commitment to our Code of
- High level of teamwork, frustration tolerance and acceptance of existing
What we offer
- A deep insight to project planning and implementation
- The possibility to raise and focus on personal fields of interest
- Participation in Cadus internal trainning programmes
- Flexible working times and the option for mobile working
- Compensatory time off for overtime
We explicitly seek to encourage people affected by forms of structural discrimination, to apply for positions advertised by CADUS.
Please send us your informative application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and the relevant certificates and evidence) as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.